Customer experience (CX) is the key battleground in 2021. 77% of customers say their experience with a company is at least as important as product and price. Meeting increasing customer expectations continues to be the top global challenge for CX teams, and 85% of contact center executives have adopted CX as a #1 priority to keep up.
Yet only 49% of US consumers today report a positive customer experience. In a market where payoffs for good experiences are great and costs for bad experiences are greater, simply investing in CX won’t be enough. When the majority of companies are already competing on the basis of CX–you need quality to win.
Quality assurance is crucial to CX success. And building a quality assurance program that reflects the right priorities for your CX team is essential to positioning your business as best-in-class in 2021.
Why QA Scorecards are Your Secret Sauce
If modern contact center CX is still about the end human connection, QA scorecards give you the integrated framework, accountability, and efficiency you need to track, train, and develop your key CX ambassadors: your agents.
We already know that QA is central to agent self-reflection and improvement. And since you can only improve what you measure, your QA program is contingent on data management. A good QA scorecard is the core of a QA program that ensures consistent, high-quality experiences that meet customers’ real needs.
What the Best Scorecards Have in Common
The best QA scorecards phrase your highest-priority dashboard of customer service key performance indicators (KPIs) into a customized checklist of business values. I.e. How well did the agent categorize the customer’s case? This format allows you to objectively assess your agents’ service performance, identify strengths and weaknesses, and alter any problematic behaviors.
A best-in-class QA scorecard is holistic, actionable and updated frequently to meet the right QA metrics for your business: the channels, practices, compliance requirements, and outcomes that matter most. It considers:
- What are the ingredients of a successful customer interaction?
- What characterizes “correct” or “complete” information?
- What soft skills are important?
- What are our compliance and security requirements?
- Is the process being followed?
Five Benchmarks to Get Started
Start building your scorecard by committing to a key set of metrics or benchmarks for customer service success. Below are five benchmarks to consider:
- Process Adherence and Documentation: Did the agent research the customer’s account and check prior notes? Did the agent follow up or escalate the request if needed? Did the agent adequately address the issue and provide a correct resolution? Did the agent include sufficient notes and mark the issue appropriately?
- Customer Focus: Did the agent prioritize what they can do for the customer first? (i.e. avoid negative or tentative statements)? Did the agent provide first contact resolution when possible? Did they educate the customer to enable self-help?
- Soft Skills: Did the agent use the customer’s name or use “I” statements? Did the agent note details about the customer’s account or their conversation to seek a point of connection? Did the agent show empathy if the customer expressed distress?
- Tone, Language, and Clarity: Did the agent customize their tone to the customer’s needs? Was the agent easy to understand? Did the agent use unfamiliar language, grammar, or stumble over their words multiple times? Was the agent concise and exact?
- Professional Conduct: Did the agent use appropriate language? Did the agent curse, yell, or use derogatory statements? Did the agent speak over the customer or end the conversation without warning? Were there excessive hold times?
If you need additional guidance on outcomes to prioritize, remember that across the board, speed, friendliness, consistency, and human touch–using technology to create human connections–are key ingredients for customer service success.
Using Level AI Scorecards and Forms
Level AI scorecards are integrated with AI analytics so you can create, review, score and analyze agent performance with an integrated AI-driven QA flow.
Click here to learn more and get in touch with our solution.