Customer experience (CX) is the key battleground right now. 77% of customers say their experience with a company is at least as important as product and price. Quality assurance is crucial to customer satisfaction so you need a killer call center agent performance scorecard!
Yet, only 49% of U.S. consumers today report a positive customer experience.
In a market where payoffs for good experiences are great and costs for bad experiences are greater, call monitoring and training of individual agents is not only critical, it’s just the beginning.
Quality monitoring and employing a best-in-class call center agent scorecard can make a huge difference.
Building a call center quality assurance program that reflects the right priorities for your organization and teams is essential to positioning your business as best-in-class.
What Is A Call Center Agent Scorecard?
A call center agent performance scorecard is a step-by-step analysis of the customer service industry’s first point of contact with customers: the call center agents.
Call center agent performance scorecards measure the company’s compliance with its internal business standards. The data includes agent performance, customer feedback and communication preferences. Companies can see where their agents are performing well and also the areas where they can improve.
Why Is a Quality Assurance Scorecard Your Secret Sauce?
Suppose modern contact center CX is still about the human connection. In that case, QA scorecards give you the integrated framework, accountability, and efficiency you need to track, train, and develop your key CX ambassadors: your contact center agents.
We already know that quality assurance is central to agent self-reflection and improvement. And since you can only improve what you measure, your QA program is contingent on data management.
A good quality assurance scorecard is the core of a QA program that ensures consistent, high-quality experiences that meet customers’ real needs.
What the Best Call Center Agent Scorecards Have in Common
The best call center agent performance scorecards phrase your highest-priority dashboard of customer service key performance indicators (KPIs) into a customized checklist of business values. For example, contact center leaders may want to measure, “How well did the agent categorize the customer’s case?”
Using this type of format allows you to objectively assess your agents’ service performance, identify strengths, weaknesses, and alter any problematic behaviors.
A best-in-class QA scorecard is holistic, actionable, and updated frequently to meet the right QA metrics for your business: the channels, practices, compliance requirements, and outcomes that matter most.
Here are some example QA scorecard questions to consider measuring:
- What are the ingredients of successful customer interaction?
- What characterizes “correct” or “complete” information?
- What soft skills are important?
- What are our compliance and security requirements?
- Is the process being followed?
5 Benchmarks to Get Your Customer Service Scorecard Started
Start building your call center agent performance scorecard by committing to a key set of metrics or benchmarks for customer service success.
Below are five contact center agent scorecard benchmarks to consider:
1. Agent Process Adherence and Documentation
- Did the agent research the customer’s account and check prior notes?
- Did the agent follow up or escalate the request if needed?
- Did the agent adequately address the issue and provide a correct resolution?
- Did the agent include sufficient notes and mark the issue appropriately?
2. Customer Focus
- Did the agent prioritize what they can do for the customer first? (i.e. avoid negative or tentative statements)?
- Did the agent provide a first contact resolution when possible?
- Did they educate the customer to enable self-help?
3. Soft Skills
- Did the agent use the customer’s name or use “I” statements?
- Did the agent note details about the customer’s account or their conversation to seek a point of connection?
- Did the agent show empathy if the customer expressed distress?
4. Tone, Language, and Clarity
- Did the agent customize their tone to the customer’s needs?
- Was the agent concise and exact?
- Was the agent easy to understand?
- Did the agent use unfamiliar language, grammar, or stumble over their words multiple times?
5. Professional Conduct
- Did the agent use appropriate language?
- Did the agent curse, yell, or use derogatory statements?
- Did the agent speak over the customer or end the conversation without warning?
- Were there excessive hold times?
Using Level AI Scorecards and Forms
Are you currently evaluating software for customer support? Level AI scorecards are integrated with AI analytics so you can create, review, score and analyze agent performance with an integrated AI-driven QA flow.
Level AI’s real-time analysis of your data takes quality monitoring and call center scorecards to the next level.
Additionally, Level AI allows you to automatically score every agent conversation. Unlike other contact center platforms that will automatically grade customer agent conversations, Level AI allows you to use fully customizable scorecards, as opposed to competing platforms that use pre-defined metrics and templates.
Click here to learn more and get a personalized demo of our solution.
Get a free demo today!
Your customers will thank you for it!